Monday 12 May 2008

Diet Week 3

Just a quick update on my diet. Things improved this week with a further loss of three pounds. That's half a stone in 3 weeks! I really have a good feeling about this Rosemary Conley diet. I have spent years starving myself and going without, in an attempt to lose weight, and was always being told that I needed to eat more if I wanted my diets to work. I scoffed at this idea, frightened to eat properly for fear of a ballooning weight.

Anyhow, after being recommended this diet, I thought I would have a go, and honestly, I have never eaten so much for as long as I can remember! I was very nervous about it, but after my 4lb weight loss the first week, I was rearing to go! Tonight I had chicken curry with rice, and I was only able to eat half of the rice because there was so much. Two ounces of Basmati rice cooks up to a huge plateful. Far too much for me to eat.

We had our first BBQ of the year yesterday, and it was very easy to stick to the diet. I had three low fat apple and pork sausages, a 175g jacket potato, and unlimited salad with lettuce, peppers, mushrooms, beetroot, celery and tomatoes. I was drinking sugar free bitter lemon, which is all I ever drink anyway:0) This was followed by my usual baked apple and yoghurt. Yes, I can heartily recommend this diet:0)

Let's hope next week I have another weight loss. Sindie and Leeta are doing really well as well.

5 comments:

Croom said...

Oh I do wish I had the will power to do it Sandie. It is just getting my mind round it and approaching Dave as to the spends we would have to make :O(. Our food bill is very small and we tend to eat the same type of thing. I would not begin to know what to say to the butchers or read in the shops low fat anything! It is all double dutch to me ;O)

Well done and congrats, keep going and keep loosing.

Tina from sunny Spain xxxx

Babs (Beetle) said...

I always thought these 'starve' yourself diets were the wrong way to do it. Well done!

granny grimble said...

I second everything Sandie says about this diet. The food is plentiful and I don't feel hungry. I too had to leave some of my dinner last night, which worried me a bit, but I have lost eight pounds in two weeks, so it's all systems go for us three! Whoopee!

Anne said...

You just feel so good when you lose weight like you are. I have been saying for ages that you have to have breakfast if you are on a diet - most important meal of the day to get things going. This diet looks really appetising. Well done - brilliant
Anne x

Gary said...

Yes, we're doing really well so far. Trouble is we want to go away this weekend and you can't diet in someone elses house can you? Still, I shall make the best choices I can under the circumstances. I am determined to make this diet work.