Sunday 7 September 2008

Moving on!

Thank goodness for a break in this nasty weather! It has been pouring down, and making everything very muddy, and uncomfortable to work in. Lennie has managed to work outside all day today, and things are moving on.

Thankfully, our next door neighbours have gone to France for a week, so we do not have to worry about intruding on their privacy. Pickles is being very good, and has not attempted to go into their garden once, so that is one less worry.

I must admit I am going a bit 'stir crazy' because we usually manage to get out once a day, even if it is to visit my daughter Sindie. She and her family have gone to Kent for a few days to attend the funeral of her father-in-law. I don't like driving, especially by myself, and we live in such a hilly place that I am sure I would have a heart attack if I decided to go walking round here! And of course, Lennie has no time to go off jaunting about!

He is working so hard, as I have probably said before, but hopefully things will ease up a bit now, as he is on the shorter concrete posts, which only weigh 84lbs, whereas the others weighed 126lb! Still very heavy as they are such a dead weight, but a little easier on the arms and back. He is also moving on to earth as opposed to concrete, so the digging will be easier as well.

I have attached a video to show you how he is getting on.

More news as it happens:0)

10 comments:

Croom said...

Poor ole Len! He is such a hard worker and never seems to complain, he takes it all in his stride. You have a good one there Sandie.

It is all looking good and coming along fine. Has he slotted any panels in yet? Bet you can’t wait to see them in place.
Tinax

weechuff said...

Tina
Yes he has slotted them in with Gary (at the gate end of the garden) You can see some of them in the video.

GoldAnne said...

gosh poor len he is doing such a good job though!!! I loved the video I havnt tried that on here yet ,its dreadful weather here too but sunn has just popped out.
love anne xxx

Swubird said...

Weechuff:

I see the fence is coming right along nicely. Good job.

Happy trails.

weechuff said...

Anne:
Just after I took the video, it got very dark and we had torrential rain and thunder. That put an end to the days work. It is still raining:0(

Swubird:
Yes we are pleased with the way it is coming along, but this dreadful weather keeps holding things up! He has another job waiting once he has finished the fence. Converting the dressing room into a bedroom for the grandchildren when they stay. Due to my sons family getting larger, the room that the children sleep in is not big enough for all the beds! We will be able to get two single beds and a set of bunk beds into the dressing room once all the wardrobes are removed and put into the smaller room! It never ends:0)

granny grimble said...

Len is doing a wonderful job, he's so clever and hard working. You are so fortunate, but then I expect you know that. Look after him, there's not many around these days! It's looking very smart , won't your neighbours be impressed when they get back! Are we gpoing to have a grand unveiling later? XXX

Babs (Beetle) said...

Is the fence going to drop in height where the shorter posts are?

It's coming along nicely now. Shame about this horrible weather though!

Anonymous said...

It's looking great! And Len looks pretty good too - just kneeling there like that for ten minutes would have me crippled! I know, because I did it last night while doing some sorting and when I got up I couldn't feel my feet! LOL!

You are going to just LOVE this fence!

Anne said...

It will be so brilliant when it is finished - mind you if Lennie knows that there is another job waiting round the corner, he just might slow down a bit! What a clever man - hope he's enjoying all the praise we are heaping on him! xxx

Swubird said...

The video was a great idea. It was short, but it gave me a feel for the situation. Good job.

Happy trails.